USCGC Planetree (WLB-307) (Custody ship)
The USCGC Planetree was commissioned in 1943 and was used primarily as a lighthouse tender. During World War II, it served with the U.S. Navy’s Seventh Fleet and aided in the construction of Long-Range- Navigation (LORAN) stations in the Pacific. After the war, Planetree was stationed in Hawaii and Alaska, and serviced Aids-to-Navigation (ATON) across the Pacific Ocean. Planetree underwent an overhaul in 1991 and was decommissioned in 1999.