Maritime Administration History Program
The Maritime Administration’s (MARAD) History Program is responsible for historical documentation and for the preservation and interpretation of its heritage assets to promote an understanding and appreciation of America’s merchant marine and maritime past. Additionally, the History Program is responsible for MARAD’s compliance with Federal laws and regulations applying to historic preservation.
Below, you can learn more about:
- A Short History of the Maritime Administration
- Historical Documents and Resources
- National Register Eligibility Assessments and Listings
- Vessels of the Maritime Administration
- The Gallant Ship Award
- Maritime Administration Artifact Loan and Transfer Programs
Questions? Comments? Contact the MARAD History Program.