Maritime Administration’s Fire Training Center
U.S. Coast Guard Approved Successful completion of this course will satisfy:
1. The Basic Safety Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting training requirements of Section A-VI/1 and Table A-VI/1-2 of the STCW Code and 46 CFR11.202(b)(2); AND
2. Advanced Fire Fighting training requirements of Section A-VI/3 and Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code; AND
3. Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting training requirements of 46 CFR11.205(d) and 11.401(g)(1) for an officer endorsement; AND
4. Fire Fighting training requirements of 46 CFR13.207, 13.307(a), 13.407 or 13.507 for any tankerman endorsement.
A complete list of other Coast Guard Approved Courses can be found on the following website:
- Interactive classroom instruction
- Application of classroom training through live-fire situations in a ship fire simulator
This course (MARADG-125) is designed to support the fire prevention and fire-fighting training requirements for certificate or license endorsement of the United States Merchant Seaman and to development the confidence and skills necessary to combat shipboard fires.
The five-day class is held Monday through Friday, starting at 8:30 a.m., and concluding at 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Bring work clothes, long-sleeve shirts, full-length pants or coveralls, and heavy socks.
- Showers are available at the facility; however, you must bring your own towels and toiletries.
Maritime Fire Training Center
2015 Firefighting 5-Day Combined Basic and Advanced Course Schedule
**This schedule changes continuously throughout the year and the changes are NOT reflected on this website. Please call the Fire Training Center at 419-867-2763 to enroll in a class or to check on a specific week of training.
05, 2015 – GLMA Cadets
06, 2015-GLMA Cadets
13, 2015-GLMA Cadets
30, 2015- GLMA Cadets
For more information or to enroll in a class contact:
Great Lakes Fire Training Center
2600 S. Eber Rd.
Swanton, Ohio 43558
Phone: 419-574-1965 or 419-867-2763